70 advocates, including family members with an incarcerated loved one, formerly imprisoned people, and youthfrom across California traveled to Sacramento last week!
Watch the Video:
Daletha Hayden of California Families to Abolish Solitary Confinement explains why California needs to stop jail expansion!
If didn’t make it to the Lobby Day contact your Legislator today and encourage them to:
- Create a moratorium on prison and jail expansion and cancel all AB 900 construction projects in the 2012 budget.
- Support SB 9 (Yee) the California Fair Sentencing for Youth act.
- Oppose SB 391 (Gaines) Inmate Parole Hearings.
- Oppose AB 281 (Gorell) Gang Injunctions.
- Stop the cuts to social services and education.
Amador * Butte * Calaveras * El Dorado * Fresno * Imperial * Kern * Kings * Los Angeles * Madera * Merced * Monterey * Napa * Orange * Placer * Riverside * Sacramento * San Bernardino * San Benito * San Diego * San Joaquin * San Luis Obispo * San Mateo * Santa Barbara * Santa Clara * Shasta * Siskiyou * Solano * Sonoma * Stanislaus * Sutter * Tulare * Tuolumne * Yolo
CURB is currently organizing in several counties across California to fight for real solutions:
to stop the Sacramento County jail expansion:
to stop the L.A. County jail expansion:
Sign the Riverside Petition
Stop the Riverside County Supervisors from expanding
jail capacity and charging prisoners:
Click Here for more photos from the lobby day!
It is crucial that we come together to stop the waste of our limited resources on locking up our communities!